- Since you are all Greek, why do you use English?
- Where is TheHackerspace located and how can I come?
- Have you defined any rules that I must follow while using the hacklab of TheHackerspace?
- I want to develop my personal blog / website. Can you help me?
- I want to install the latest version of Ubuntu. Can you help me?
- I am really interested! How can I contribute?
1. Since you are all Greek, why do you use English?
Like it or not, the language of computers is English. Thus, we will try to use mostly English inside our homepage and on all code / projects that we publish. But it is fine to use Greek for sending us an e-mail or writing to our mailing list. And of course it also makes sense to use Greek while working in TheHackerspace and during our meetings, so long as non native speakers are not present.
Our hacklab, meeting point and presentations room are located in Thessaloniki, Leukosias Street 32, Kalamaria at Art Cafe “Kokkini Klosti Demeni“.
The basic rules are : (1) Smoking, drinking, and eating is not allowed inside the lab of TheHackerspace. But you can always use the bar to take a break and drink a coffee / beer, eat a sandwich, etc. Also, (2) anything that it is inside the lab (hardware, books, etc.) stays in the lab. You are not allowed to take anything at your home. Of course excluded is the hardware that belongs to a visitor and is brought to the lab only for the needs of a project, etc. (that is, stuff that is not donated can always be taken back).
Sorry but the answer is no. We are not here to provide technical assistance about subjects unrelated with embedded and operating systems. And even for those subjects that we are focusing, the idea is not to consult people, but to hack on funny projects.
Sorry but the answer is still no. If you want technical assistance in Thessaloniki, try GreekLug.
Join us! (1) It is absolutely free to join our group since we have no membership fees and such stuff. Also, (2) you can donate any hardware, books, and other stuff that you no more use to TheHackerspace.